Travelling to Malawi just got easier as The Malawi Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services has announced the launch of an online visa service for visitors to Malawi as of 1st November 2019.
In light of these new developments and with Christmas just around the corner, is your festive season getaway booked already? Why not make it a Green Christmas this year and venture out to Malawi for a fabulous bush and beach holiday, complete with all the festive cheer!
Why visit Malawi during the ‘green season’? There are so many great reasons why, but here are a few to start with:
• It’s a period of revitalization with plenty of new growth, dramatic skies and vibrant colours (the most outstanding being the emerald green with the purples, pinks, and yellows of new flowers sprouting through).
• Influx of migratory birds with spirals of migrating storks, cuckoos and other “specials”.
• Butterflies escape their cocoons and flitter about everywhere creating a woodland wonderland.
• Great game viewing experiences.
• Fewer people around, making for a more exclusive feel of all areas.
Our combination of bush and beach destinations offers the perfect chance to experience the best of both worlds. Malawi may be one of Africa’s smallest countries but when it comes to exploration and adventure, it has tremendous amounts to offer; from grasslands and forests, mountaintops, unspoiled wildlife parks to Africa’s third-largest and most beautiful Lake!
Malawi is also known as the “Warm Heart of Africa” and as people, the Malawians live up to this name. They are extremely friendly and welcoming. There are many market scenes, roadside stalls, cottage industries that a visitor can comfortably visit. With both the scenery and the culture Malawi is a great country to make memories during ‘the most wonderful time of the year’!