It’s time for another scrumptious recipe with Robin Pope Safaris.
The lovely Maggie from Pumulani shares her Almond and Lime Cheesecake recipe…
Almond and Lime Cheesecake
• 1 cup cream
• 125ml lime juice (you can substitute the lime juice for lemon if you have no lime juice)
• 1 tin condensed milk
• 2 tsp gelatin (dissolved in 50 ml of warm water)
• 1 tsp Vanilla essence
• ½ packet Tennis biscuits
• 150 grams butter
• 80 grams flaked almonds
- Melt butter and crush half a packet of tennis biscuits gradually combine together.
- Use this as the base for cheesecake and line a flan dish or similar, set aside and refrigerate for half an hour
- Roast flaked almonds in a hot oven for 5 minutes until golden brown and allow to cool
- Whisk cream till light and fluffy then fold in condensed milk, lime juice, and almonds along with the two teaspoons gelatin dissolved in 50ml warm water
- Pour into flan dish and allow to set for two hours.