Anvil Bay is a private and exclusive barefoot beach camp on a rare untouched stretch of coastal wilderness in Mozambique’s most southern national park.
Created with the smallest possible footprint to preserve the wilderness and special sense of place the camp is set up on the beach under canvas and thatch. Just 9 Casinhas are nestled in the dune forest on stilted wooden decks each with its own stretch of beachfront.
Escape to a world of simple pleasures and lifetime memories. Sunrises over the ocean and sunsets across the Parks pristine lakes and vast savannas. Evenings under the stars around a campfire. Miles of untouched beaches and an ocean teeming with marine life to explore.
Anvil Bay is a dream destination for nature lovers in search of the perfect get away from it all wilderness beach experience.
At a Glance
7 Tented Suites, 1 Honeymoon Suite, 1 Family Suite (Accommodates up to 4 guests)
- 3 Hour road transfer from Maputo includes 2 hour Safari Tour across the Maputo Special Reserve.
- 3 Hour road transfer from Kosi Bay border includes 2 hour drive across the Maputo Special Reserve.
- 30 minute private charter heli transfer from Maputo International direct to Anvil Bay
- Self drive 4X4 adventure
- Each Casinha has its own private deck, indoor & outdoor showers. An additional bed can be included for a child.
- King XL beds can be converted to twin set up
- Activity centre.
- 5km stretch pristine and private Beach.
- Lake deck for sunsets / sun downers or romantic picnic.
- Mozambique’s only true Bush & Beach destination.
Anvil Bay is located at 26°21’18.65”S, 32°55, 52.92”E at Ponta Chemucane. The only Lodge within the Maputo Special Reserve in Southern Mozambique.
Bay Snorkeling, Beach Bikes, Beach Games, Beach Walks, Body Boarding, Dune, Forest Trails, Ocean Fishing trip, Ocean Safari, Picnic, Rock Pool Exploration, Sea Kayaks, Shore Fishing, Snorkeling Trips, Stand Up Paddle Boards, Sundowners at the Lake, Sundowners on the Dune, Turtle Walks, Whale Watching