Welcome to Cheetah Plains, home of the definitive exclusive-use luxury sustainable safari in South Africa’s most celebrated wildlife area, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. A bold departure from its humble safari lodge beginnings, Cheetah Plains has undergone a complete metamorphosis. Today, it is a beacon to the eco-luxe safari set and a collaborative expression of South Africa’s rich heritage.
Private sole-use Plains Houses, each exquisitely appointed, boast a formal lounge, living room, dining area, expansive sun deck, heated swimming pool, wine gallery, chef's kitchen and four sumptuous Private Suites. Our state-of-the-art, customized Land Cruiser Electric Vehicles deliver a zero-emission, almost silent safari experience. Packed with the power of Tesla batteries, our next generation safari vehicles give you a range of up to almost double the distance you are likely to traverse per safari.
At a Glance
3 Exclusive-use Bush House, each comprised of a main house and 4 private guest suites. There are 12 private guest suites in total.
Arathusa Airport is approximately a 20-minute drive, Hoedspruit a 1.5-hour drive & Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport 3-hour drive. Charter flights can be arranged any day of the week (minimum 4 people)
Transfers between Arathusa airstrip & Cheetah Plains are included when flying with FedAir / Airlink / Private Charter.
Each private house
(Mvula, Karula and Mapogo) main area features:
Each private suite features:
- Two lounges (a formal lounge & an entertainment lounge)
- Dining area.
- Outdoor boma for fire-side dining.
- Temperature controlled wine cellar.
- Heated swimming pool.
- Day-bed & private deck area.
- Indigenous gardens & spectacular views into the surrounding natural bushveld.
- Private game viewing vehicle as well as designated professional field guide & tracker.
- Private chef & butler for the duration of your stay.
- Each of the exclusive-use bush houses accommodates a minimum of 4 & a maximum of 8 guests.
- King-bedded bedroom.
- Private mini bar & coffee station.
- Private deck with day-bed.
- Dressing room.
- Double rain shower.
- Bath overlooking the bushveld.
- Accommodates a maximum of 2 guests per suite.
- Especially for families with young children, 2 of the suites interlink so parents are close by, but not in the same bedroom.
- All meals, prepared by private chef.
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, Premium Spirits, beers &
- non-alcoholic beverages.
- Twice-daily game drives in your private game-viewing vehicle with your on-site field guide.
- Game drives include a sunrise / sunset stop & stargazing.
- Walking Safaris
- Outdoor, fireside dining as often as possible.
- In-room Spa
- Electric game-viewing vehicles
Sabi Sand Reserve, Limpopo, South Africa
Twice-daily game drives in your private game-viewing vehicle with your on-site field guide. Game drives include a sunrise / sunset stop & stargazing. Walking Safaris Outdoor, fireside dining as often as possible. In-room Spa Gym